The Edmonton Riptides Water Polo Club is seeking a Summer Intern to join our team. This position will play a key role in our summer programming, club marketing, athlete recruitment, and upcoming season planning and summer programming.
Position: Summer Intern
Contract Length: July 4, 2023 – August 29, 2023 (6-8 weeks)
Application Deadline: June 23, 2023
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
- Between the ages of 15-30.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Water Polo coaching experience and NCCP Training/Certification considered an asset.
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check (completed within the past two years).
- Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training (or to have completed prior to start date).
- Pursuing a related undergraduate or graduate degree is considered an asset.
- Coordinate and manage summer water polo camps, programs and initiatives. This may include, but is not limited to:
○ Coaching of summer programs.
○ Registration management and tracking
○ Communication with participants, pools and the board of directors.
○ Building relationships with local community groups
- Assist with recruitment and marketing initiatives
- Work within the digital platforms used by the club to promote the club
- Regular meetings with the Riptides Executive Board.
- Additional administrative tasks as communicated by the Executive Board.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Riptides team. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references via email to our club President, Natasja Treiberg, at email@example.com by June 23, 2023. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview